Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Star Wars: Battlefront quick review of the beta -Dorwulf

Hello,

I have played the beta in it's entirety, unlocked everything there was in the beta, and played it as much as possible during my busy life and has come to a "beta quick review" conclusion.

The only way I know how to do this would be a pros and cons method.

Pros:
-Promotes a fun, fluid gameplay where switching between 1st and 3rd person is there to fit your own playstyle and you are NOT locked into a certain way of playing.
-overall gamemodes are simple yet enjoyable where teamwork is highly focused on the objectives and random "team deathmatches" aren't the priority.
-The partner system is a sound design to bring in new players and to help them out by "lending" them your own unlocked "cards" (Usable on the battlefield to activate items; i.e. grenades, jetpacks, etc..)
-Very authentic sound design where it feels Star Wars without it being overly Star Wars, if you get what I mean.
-The graphics are the most beautiful that I have ever seen in a videogame.
-Vehicles are powerful as they should be, but vulnerable to "ion" shots and grenades. (used against vehicles for extra damage)

Cons:
-Walker Assault on Hoth is a very one-sided match where the Imperials have a major advantage compared to the Rebel Alliance. However, I have won many games as the Rebels, but it is still a major issue.
-The survival felt rather boring and uninspired, and felt tacked on just to be used as an excuse to not include a campaign mode.
- Gamemodes are simple, which IS a pro but it is also a con.
-Teamwork between more than one friends are hard to do because of the Partner System.
-Cycler Rifle cooldown is quite short and is a very powerful and potent weapon. I would rather see it raised from a 7 second cooldown to 11-14 seconds to balance out it's power.

**I did not use the Heroes enough times to get a proper verdict down on them.**

These are my pros and cons of the beta and my own thoughts of what are good and what are bad. I do hope the final game will implement many changes that will address some of my Cons and produce a very enjoyable experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment